Welcome to the School Council’s webpage
Meet our 2017-2018 School Councillors:
We have school council because we do not want the teachers to do everything.
The children can share their ideas to make the school better. School Councillors report to their classes on what is going happen and they also organise fun days. They also ask them if there are other ideas they have for making the school better.
It’s good because it helps younger people to think about the school and arrange things for the school and for charity.
What does school council do?
- Helps Manor Primary School to create a better atmosphere for children
- Help keep the school fun for the children
- Consult their classes to get lots of ideas
We take responsibility.
Chairman: Runs and leads all the meetings and helps prepare the Agenda.
Vice-Chair: They keep in touch with all the class and leads the meetings when the Chairman is away.
Secretary: They take notes and put it in the minutes book and helps to prepare the agenda.
Finance Committee: Looks after the school council’s money and keeps track on how much money has been made from tuck shop and of events.
Links with KS1 and EYFS: We give information and feedback to KS1 and EYFS children on the events that would happen. We also ask for their opinions.
Other issues we have discussed over the last term include
- How the playground can be improved
- Evaluations of the Day for Change to make sure we get better
- What colour the toilets should be
- Reviewed the anti-bullying charter
- Bought new play equipment from the school council fund
The school council put regular updates on the website to let you know what they have been doing.
Presentation to School Governors – Review of 2015/16.