Sometimes, good things have to come to an end and our pupils begin to think about their next stage of their schooling as they move to secondary school. At Manor, we work closely with our secondary school partners to support your child’s transition.
Click here to read ‘Starting Secondary School’ autumn 2020 edition PDF Click here to view online
For all children born from 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010 inclusive, their parents/carers will need to apply for year 7 secondary school place for September 2020.
All year 7 applications for September 2021 must be made through the family’s home local authority
National closing date for on time year 7 applications 31st October 2020
National offer date for on time year 7 applicants 1st March 2021
- For children living in Newham families must apply via London Borough of Newham.
- For children who live outside Newham, whose family wants them to attend this school their application must be made through their home borough naming this school as a preference on their application.
- Before submitting a year 7 application we strongly recommend all families read the autumn 2020 edition of the local authorities ‘Starting Secondary School’ guide and find out information about the school you are interested in. If possible look at their virtual tours.
Remember, families must apply for a place, even if their child:
- Has a brother or sister attending the school;
- Lives in the schools priority area (for Sarah Bonnell only )
- Attends a link school (for Stratford School Academy only)
Secondary school open days, open evenings and virtual tours
For up to date information on secondary school open days, open evenings and virtual tours, please visit:
Information on the year 7 application process
Determined Arrangements for September 2021 entry
Link to Pan London eAdmissions portal – opens 1 September 2020 for September 2021 year 7 applications
Pan London Co-ordinated Admissions
We recommend you use the Newham School Finder tool to determine the location of your preferred Newham schools and calculate home to school distances.